Fraser Immigration Law, PLLC | U.S. Immigration Attorney
Immigration Attorney

Employment Visas



Home > Capabilities > Employment Visas

There are several nonimmigrant categories that facilitate the temporary employment of foreign nationals in the United States. Qualified applicants typically require an employment offer through a U.S. employer or sponsor.

Foreign Nationals residing in the United States may apply for a change of status and immediately begin or resume employment with their U.S. Employer. Applicants abroad can opt for consular processing in order to obtain their visa at the U.S. Consulate and commence employment upon admission. Employment-based, nonimmigrant categories include, O-1A/B (extraordinary ability), L-1A/B (intra-company transferee), H-1B (specialty occupation), and TN (professional workers from Canada or Mexico).


  • Many employment-based, nonimmigrant classifications require a U.S. employer/sponsor.

  • These categories have limitations on the maximum period of stay in the U.S., however, status/visas can be extended or changed.

  • Requirements for these categories often depend upon professional achievements, academic qualifications, relevant experience, the position offered, and in some cases, nationality.

how we can help you?

  • At Fraser Immigration Law, PLLC, Shaune D. Fraser, Esq. advises U.S. employers and foreign nationals in need of employment-based, nonimmigrant visas. His comprehensive approach facilitates the retention of talented workers allowing foreign nationals to attain their professional dreams. Our firm provides representation in connection with the preparation and submission of employment-based, nonimmigrant petitions to USCIS, including O-1, L-1, H-1B, and TN applications, among many others.